Thursday, August 12, 2004

Are you a slacker or a workaholic? Soon you might not have a choice...

Slashdot Gene Therapy Turns Slackers Into Workaholics

The corporate world would love to have this become a drug and come out into the market. I can envision a sign saying "All employees are ordered to eat breakfast before they begin work". But maybe this would be a good thing as people claim that work is rewarding. So a nation of workaholics would be a happy nation? But then all people would have to be in the situation I am in where they are paying me money to do things I would have done anyway i.e. code my ass off (Hmm have not done that in a while. Maybe I am procrastinating too much) :-) Will this help people who hate their job and are only doing it because it pays the bills?

I personally think it is good for people like me and Sambar, should be given a choice to take a drug like this as we genuinely enjoy our jobs. Then give people like M***** S******* and ****M**ya large doses of whatever will make them procrastinate and boy will be get some useful work done.

3 comments:

Aslan said...

wonder why someone who likes his work so much would procrastinate. i don't.. for one! :)

vinod menon said...

Hey! I don't need an inhibitor to block dopamin and make me a better guinea pig. I am motivated enough to work. I travel from Philly to NYC everyday. The only way to motivate me (any more than I am) is to buy me a penthouse in ol' Manhattan. well, even a regular brownstone in the Village will do. Got cash?!

wenerd said...

i think i need this drug in this cruel world of banking!