Thursday, September 21, 2006

Martinis at the Keswick

I had bought tickets for the Pink Martini concert many moons ago. I was waiting for some strange person to show up who could be dragged there for company. Low and behold, Ms. Flipflopsinwinter appeared. She seemed strange enough and off we went...

The lead singer of band, China Forbes is hot, gorgeous with a voice that can hypnotise you. To top it off she sings in five different languages and moves with such beauteous grace. Yes, I am in love and black is the color of my true love's hair... But enough about my true love. The rest of the band was amazing too. The cello was indeed the sound of a soul crying. The trumpets made you want to leap out and LIVE. The drums made your heart thump. The songs were funny, soulful, full of joy and melancholic all at the same time. The night all in all was a wonderful cocktail indeed...

No comments: